Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ARMY TOYS

I think it was the Dead Milkmen who sang "Wonderful colored Army toys" and boy howdy are they ever!
Those 1950's style plastic green Army men you used to play with have taken on a new life with these barrettes.
Of course I left a few "Au Natural" but the rest of the boys are fab-u-lous!
Some I've dusted in glitter and laid them on a bed of oh so soft marabou feathers (saluting the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy") and some have taken a swim in some knock your socks of 80's style neon paint.(Because we all know how useful fluorescent colors are on the battlefield)
I’ve made these guys all they can be, and then some!
____________________________________________________________________

Inspired by the 900th time I heard Def Leppard's "God's of War" from the only cassette I had (yeah, I said cassette) the rockin 1987 Hysteria album.
He was once a typical green army man that I coated in electric blue glitter and mounted on a barrette with neon blue leopard grosgrain ribbon.
He's working so hard to keep us safe so I put him on a soft bed of blue marabou and gave him a couple of matching rhinestones...







Another army cutie. He's dusted in silver glitter and sits on camouflage grosgrain ribbon. He's an important guy so he gets 5 white rhinestones




Some I left alone. This brave boy is sitting au natural on a glitter grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment