Wednesday, August 26, 2009

GROUPIE GIRL

I first snuck into the Cat Club when I was all of 14 to see a live band play. The band was called Melidian and my mind was forever blown. Rock and Roll became a huge part of my life on that fateful eve. Hair bands were my music of choice and I flew my flag high.
These clips and barrettes are for those of you who love the music of yore as much as I do.
Wear your music style loud and proud. Stand strong for your band! Viva Le Rock! (thank you Adam Ant)
___________________________________________________________________

The Dolls. Who doesn't love the New York Dolls? This one is a vintage Dolls pin on a black glam marabou feather atop a magenta zebra ribbon. TRES glam...





VERY hard to photograph but the ribbon is this neon green (or what we used to just call Poison Green) grosgrain ribbon. The pin is vintage Poison from their first album "Look what the cat dragged in". To add to the glam-ness I gave the boys a hot pink rhinestone each.






First arena concert I ever went to was Aerosmith. I worked up the nerve to invite my crush to go with us. He agreed and in my twisted brain it was a pseudo date. Imagine how insanely crushed I was when his girlfriend picked him up at the end of the night...
Still love Aerosmith though. I've mounted this vintage "Permanent Vacation" era pin onto a nice red rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment